Saturday, October 15, 2011

TONO RASARIO KULIKI TAKA

Antonia Rosario is famous for his merengue bachata music. I first heard him because my roommate would replay one of his songs "Kuliki Taka" over and over and over in our dorm last year. She is of Latina descent (Dominican and Guatemalan) and loves spanish music, and really got me interested in it. Definitely check out this song! He is known as Toño Rosario, and was born in the Dominican Republic.
In this music, you can hear a lot of African influences.
He is famous in D.R. and people there love him! If you guys know anything more about him, and how the people of D.R. actually respond to his music definitely comment!


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this post! I am such a huge fan of Tono Rosario,and his music is a very particular style of merengue. There are many african influences, and one can hear instruments that we have studied and learned about.

    ReplyDelete