Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Acordeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymVIvJ3LOVw

At one point in the semester the use of accordions was briefly discussed. I even remember Prof. Hutchinson saying that she plays it and making a comment about it not being the "coolest" instrument to play. As an American culture when we think of an accordion we think of Steve Urkel in family matters. Yeah, not so cool. But, for me, when I think of an accordion, I think of Carlos Vives. A Colombian artist that plays Vallenatos. Here I've attached a link to one of his videos. The song is actually a tribute to his accordion, his staple instrument. For many Latinos, unlike North Americans, accordions are awesome! When I was a little girl, this was what I wanted to play! Do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment