Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Andean Instruments

So, I have a video that I took when I was in Ecuador of a family playing Andean music that I wanted to show you all. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to upload it! I also have several pictures of different types of Andean flutes that I also can't upload! lol But, I'll let you all know that the man who lived in this house we visited would literally make one of those panflutes in less than 2 minutes! He would start from scratch! Cut up all of the pipe things and wrap them without even flinching! In Ecuador, a lot of families basically make their homes into "talleres", workshops, for tourists to visit. Where we went, it was a mom, dad, and 2 daughters. The dad would make and sell various Andean instruments as well as play them while the daughters danced and sung. I really wish I could show you the things I have but if anyone ever visits Ecuador, make sure to visit one of these "talleres" in Otavalo!

1 comment:

  1. That's a shame. I would definitely have wanted to see a video of the different andean instruments.

    ReplyDelete