Thursday, December 8, 2011

Corrido's

In class we just briefly mentioned the genre of music Corrido's I just wanted to make the class aware that though we touched upon the subject everyone probably knows one of the most famous ones. This would be La Cucarracha. I just learned between this semester and last year that this was what they call a corrido and never would have expected it. I also just began to learn what the lyrics were about this song was always just a song that I would link to mexico when I heard it and never understood why. The truth about this song is that it is a corrido and it was used to spread many different political messages. This has me looking at all music in a different light now because I always thought that this was a children's song but after learning of the different meanings it changes the whole picture of this music.

No comments:

Post a Comment