Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Azuuuucar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lArGoRhFr4E

So, I figured I'd share with all of you this video of Cuban artist, Celia Cruz. It came to my attention that we didn't discus her in class. And personally, if anyone ever tells me that they studied Cuban music and never came across her, I'd be skeptical of this class. She was a Cuban Salsa artist that spent most of her life living in New Jersey and performing around the US. Her death, in 2003, was a very sad time for the whole Latin community. She was known for wonderful music, lively spirit, crazy wigs, and yelling out, "Azuuuuucar!" (sugar) in the middle of her songs. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. All hail the queen of Salsa. I believe that her success helped progress salsa to the point where it is today. She will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete