Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MODERN Okinawa-Peruvian music


Yesterday I gave my presentation on the evolution of Okinawa-Peruvian music, and I focused a lot on the beginning cultural coming together of the two civilizations. So I decided to do some extra research and find some more modern Okinawa-Peruvian music. The song below is the style that is currently popular in Japan, that has been inspired by Peruvean styles of sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwt-_h2W_A

This is a Peruvian band playing in Ueno Park in Tokyo. They are a street band, performing for audiences that are passing by. The sound is really interesting. You can hear the sounds root from old Japanese culture, but the instruments are very westernized.

I'm still in the process of looking for some more modern, and pop bands for the time!
Let me know what you think of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment